Skip to main content

WEEK 1- TOPIC 2

I consider Facebook, Fox News and word of mouth to get my information. I know facebook isn't a good source to get information from so I am very careful about what I believe and sometimes even with word of mouth I have to check their sources and do a little research of my own to find out if its true. I don't like the fact that there is so much fake news out there right now because it makes it very hard to believe anything you are told. If I am going to pass the information along to my family I check facts and make sure everything adds up before sharing. When I was younger I took a journalism class and was taught to only write the truth. That being said its sad when I read a post online or the newspaper and I have to go check out the Author, the paper and make sure at least 3 other accredited news sources all say the same thing before I can let myself believe it. I should be able to pick up a phone read an article and tell my friends about it imminently without having to check sources. A few weeks ago an emergency alert was issued in Florida. This emergency alert actually told the general public there were zombies on the loose. This is an emergency warning system to help and to save lives. Is it still going to work properly in the face of a true emergency?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 1- TOPIC 1

I am a Psychology Major just finishing up my second year here at LBCC. My career goal is to counsel people with drug dependencies. I myself am 3 years sober from Meth and I would love to be a part of the reason someone else makes that choice to follow sobriety. I love to write and I want to become an author one day, so this class should help me to pinpoint my audience and learn how to speak to that intended audience.